Freestyle Nunchaku Forum
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 04:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Freestyle (Nunchaku) Forum
 - the home of freestyle nunchaku and other freestyle martial artists!
Nunchaku
KarateDepot.com
Translate to:
Search: Advanced search
207394 Posts in 14858 Topics by 6666 Members Latest Member: - connhikhucvn Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 247 (March 27, 2011, 07:39:10 AM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Nunchaku Training Program  (Read 14799 times)
SixtyFourWarrior
Apprentice

France France

WWW Awards
« on: December 26, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

Hi all! smiley

I’ve just added a member area to my website, and I invite you to register there in order to use some new functionalities, in particular those about the training module.

The training module gives you a lot of tools which will permit you to see better your progression among the training videos proposed on my website (more than 100 now!):

As you can see on the image above, a control bar will be added under each training video. This control bar will permit you to determine whether you master or not the technique presented on the video. In fact, there are 4 possible statuses: “not mastered", “being learning”, “to perfect” and “perfectly mastered”.

That will allow you, as I said earlier, to easily see your progression among training videos available on my website. You will also notice that the required skills are now colored according to the statute you defined for these movements: at the first glance, you will know if you master or not all the required skills to learn a new technique. Note that the moves quoted in the required skills section are now clickable: they will lead you directly to the corresponding technique.

The training module will also enable you to see some statistics concerning your progression, as you can see on the following image:

The same code of colors is used on the entire website for more legibility:

- Red = not mastered technique

- Orange = being learning technique

- Blue = technique to perfect

- Green = perfectly mastered technique

In addition to all these tools, the training module can propose you a personalized training program which will select you movements to be learned according to your level, while leaving you a certain degree of freedom in your choices of training.

The training program will select you 5 techniques of your level for simple Nunchaku, 5 for double Nunchaku, and it will put aside the moves which you have classified as being “to perfect”.

The training program selects the moves to be learned according to a complex algorithm which takes care of your level, the difficulty of the moves, but also the relations which exist between the movements (for example to learn the reversed figure eight, the normal figure eight must be known first). These relations are represented on a diagram, which will automatically evolve each time I add a new movement on the website: click here to see the diagram. (Think to zoom because the diagram is HUGE lol.)

The training program will enable you to open descriptions of the suggested movements in separate windows in order to compare them for finally choose the one you want to learn:

That’s all for this presentation of the training module… I hope this has interested you and gave you the desire to test this module!

It is possible that some minor translation mistakes remain but as the module has been tested for about a month in the French version of the website, I don’t think you will find major issues or bugs.

I encourage you to forward me your impressions, criticisms, remarks, ideas, bugs which you find, questions, etc… But overall, I hope that this module will be useful for you!

I advise you to attentively read the help page of the module which is in the member area in order to understand really well how these functions work and in order to use correctly and effectively the module.

In the future weeks, I intend to improve a little the statistics screen, and to create a module which will facilitate the IRL meetings between Nunchakukas (a kind of Nunchakukas phone-books of the whole world), I hope that you will also like that!

Thanks for reading me, and I wish you a happy new year! (And a happy World Cup !)

eeeh

PS : I invite jou to join the facebook page of my website, by clicking here!  thumbs-up
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:37:25 AM by SixtyFourWarrior » Logged

Come and register to test the Nunchaku Training Program in the member area !
TuKongChucks
Beerchaku Militia/Defender Of Yggdrasil
Sifu

United States United States

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 09:38:05 AM »

Awesome dude, im gonna go check it out and let ya know what I think.

+K for the hard work

Aerialist East
Intermediary

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:36 AM »

Youre a smart kid kind of like a french version of kristov with martial arts experience
psionics
research lab
Administrator
Sifu

Philippines Philippines

hapuzi psionics hapuzi
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »

whahaa Wow!!!!! now that's an absolute training application bro!!  gogogo  respect  respect  respect

evaluating it.. there are some moves that is difficult for me to do.. this may aid me. Thank you so much for this wonderful program with prerequisites  bow  bow  bow
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:48:32 AM by psionics » Logged

"The world is a better place when people communicate and understand each other." - Kriztov
"Strive for excellence, not perfection" - H. Jackson Brown
‎"Nobody has the power to make things perfect... But everyone is given countless chances to make things right..." - Ricky Santos
sebricci
Challenge Master & CO2007 doubles winner
Sensei

France France

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

Wow ! +K

Doubles are twice more fun !
sebricci
Challenge Master & CO2007 doubles winner
Sensei

France France

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »

Youre a smart kid kind of like a french version of kristov with martial arts experience

And lots of CPU skills  wink

Doubles are twice more fun !
Berserkergang
-
Sensei

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »

whahaa...

TheChuckernaut
Student

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:58 AM »

Wow im lovin that picture hehe   whoah *drools*    oh yeah and ill have to check that stuff out ^^

silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me
danceswithsticks
some will, some won't, so what... next!!
Expert

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »

2 thumbs up respect Clap gogogo eeeh bigdance that is an incredible web site man i signed up and will take advantage of your very hard work! thanks ben

between stimulus and response there is a moment, in that moment you decide your future!
Karlsmith
Student

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »

will give it a try ..  Clap
$e@n
Upchucker
Expert

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »

WOW! respect +K

Ultimateria
Federal Nunchaku Instructor
Expert

France France

NunchArtistique Ultimateria
WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:38:55 AM »

I’ve just added a member area to my website, and I invite you to register there in order to use some new functionalities, in particular those about the training module.

The training module gives you a lot of tools which will permit you to see better your progression among the training videos proposed on my website (more than 100 now!):

I appreciate your altruism, thx a lot Wink.

Well... Let's experiment this little application Wink Good job, and web development

Happy new year 2010!

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-8877367970738991",
    enable_page_level_ads: true
  });
</script>

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultmateria
http://
JunMoJo
Apprentice

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up
jinquan
Student

Sri Lanka Sri Lanka

Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »

wow .. must try this out  whoah

My small income : knife butterfly
nunchakukingJ
Student

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 03:53:31 AM »

Wow ! +K  whahaa
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Freestyle ( Nunchaku ) Forum | VIDEOS | Tutorials & Tips | Topic: Nunchaku Training Program
Jump to:  

www.flowtoys.com

www.homeofpoi.com

www.customworkshop.biz
<-- buying from our partners through these links helps support freestyleforum -->

View Donation History

darkshadownunchucks.com

www.prochux.com
Nunchaku
www.karatedepot.com