Freestyle Nunchaku Forum
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
World Cup 2018 | Current Tournament -  Come and celebrate with us!

Follow us at facebook: NEW!
Nunchaku
KarateDepot.com
Translate to:
Search: Advanced search
207567 Posts in 14887 Topics by 6685 Members Latest Member: - elielihoffman Most online today: 34 - most online ever: 247 (March 27, 2011, 07:39:10 AM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Future of Battle Zone  (Read 4153 times)
Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

United States United States

Awards
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »

I made this topic to compile all the ideas being thought out and discussed about future modifications of Battle Zone. This topic is where I would like FNF members to post their approval, disapproval, opinions or suggestions.

Here is a copy paste with an addition from the other thread.

There are alot of alternatives in the battlezone. Yet I rarely see people reach for these goals. Over the next year I will be implementing further changes to battlezone to make it more appealing to battlezone competitors. I will supply a list of things to do in Battlezone and I'll include some future ideas that will possibly be implemented.

Freechaku Main Ladder
- This main ladder represents a list of competitors who have competed for the rank they hold. This arena can have just about any type of battle imaginable within it's battle criteria. For example: Most funny, Fastest, Artistic, Aerial, longest without drop, Technical, Digit spins, singles, doubles, fire, glow, style swap, best lab, best moves, combo battle, one handed, use both hands equally, blind folded, no repeat, left hand right hand and double, footwork, endurance, Explained indepth votes only, on a pedestal, underwater, public, breaking, sitting down, balance beam, or just about anything.

Singles Category Ladder
- This ladder represents a list of competitors who have competed for the rank they hold in an arena that allows only singles. No fire, glow or doubles. This ladder list is capped at 5.

Doubles Category Ladder
- This ladder represents a list of competitors who have competed for the rank they hold in an arena that allows only doubles. No fire, glow or singles. This ladder list is capped at 5.

Fire/glow Category Ladder
- This ladder represents a list of competitors who have competed for the rank they hold in an arena that allows only fire and or glow. This can be double glow or double fire. This ladder list is capped at 5.

Future modifications (Ideas being thought out and discussed)

Battlezone Achievements

- This is similar to the challenge zone where competitors can get their name on a list that represents an accomplishment. Some examples would be. "Scalp collector" Defeat 10 different opponents and receive their scalps. "Knockout" defeat an opponent by more then 5 votes. "Landslide" defeat an opponent by more then 10 votes. Once someone as completed an achievement their name will be added to a board for everyone to see.

Changing of the way win/loss records are viewed.

- Instead of Win-Total matches it will be Win-Losses-draws or Win-draws-Losses.

Warrior Category Ladder

- Inspired by the warrior category in Chuck Off. This category ladder will be capped at 5 like the other category ladders. In this ladder arena the rules will be similar to warrior category in chuck off, but there is some slight differences. Rules: You have to strike something, it can be another person in protective gear, glass, plastic, ceramic pots, a tree, a board, food, or breaking bricks or other objects. Just don't hurt anybody or any creatures.

Category Ladder Belts

- An actual image that the #1 rank holder can place in their profile or signature. Not sure if there is anything like this already if there's not then this is an option.

Battle Zone Hall of Fame
- This idea is about taking some of FNF's best freestyle battle videos and compiling them into one spot for easy viewing. This collection will be of the most legendary battles every fought! This will allow new members to see and be inspired by great battles of the past that they might not of seen already. This will also bring back attention to some of the most deserving epic battles every waged! This will breathe new life into the history of Battle zone.

respect

Currently Under Construction:

Battlezone Achievements
- This implementation will be gradual. The achievements by the end of being fully integrated into Battle Zone will reflect back on the past year, current and will be maintained for the future.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:31:07 PM by Kuyper » Logged

psionics
research lab
Administrator
Sifu

Philippines Philippines

hapuzi psionics hapuzi
WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

looking forward to the future of BZ bro Smiley 

the Battle Zone Hall of Fame sounds awesome!! its like a grammy award for FnF  2 thumbs up

"The world is a better place when people communicate and understand each other." - Kriztov
"Strive for excellence, not perfection" - H. Jackson Brown
‎"Nobody has the power to make things perfect... But everyone is given countless chances to make things right..." - Ricky Santos
darkaero
Apprentice

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »

haha this is starting to sound like games on steam... get achievments.. "landslide and scalp collector" hehe

sry was a little off topic, maybe i should try my hand in the battle zone sometime  ninja
Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:27:52 PM »

The idea was inspired by Steam and WoW! With intentions of attracting more traffic to the Battle Zone by offering a more appealing experience for those involved.

Just updated the original post with "currently under construction" information.

qwertycoder
Sensei

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »

perhaps win streak achievements as well like 3 wins 5 wins ect. maybe even loss streaks. maybe one that is like "you beat 3 people in a row at a higher rank than you"

maybe some like 3 battles in one month
and
"multi ladder climber" rising in rank in  3 separate ladders in one month. or something like that.

I like what your doing here Kyp, keep it up!

Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »

perhaps win streak achievements as well like 3 wins 5 wins ect. maybe even loss streaks. maybe one that is like "you beat 3 people in a row at a higher rank than you"

maybe some like 3 battles in one month
and
"multi ladder climber" rising in rank in  3 separate ladders in one month. or something like that.

I like what your doing here Kyp, keep it up!

Great suggestions qwerty. These will be added to the data base.

Gomartgo
Free to Freestyle
Global Moderator
Sifu

Canada Canada

Martin Bois Gomartgo
WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »

great work Buddy....love what you doing...love the new ideas...I'm all for it for sure...I'm all in....

Steph [TDO]
Global Moderator
Sifu

France France

StephTDO StephTDO
Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »

These new ideas look great, cool work Kuyper  wink

<•._.·'¯)My Youtube Channel(¯'·._.•>
Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 03:29:13 PM »

Thank you for replying. It let's me know that there is people who support these ideas and encourages me to move things forward. I do this for the benefit of BZ and all those involved. If any of you strongly oppose anything that is happening then please drop a post and explain. Anyways thanks again for the comments.

respect

ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »

Hey bro, i like the idea about
Category Ladder Belts
- An actual image that the #1 rank holder can place in their profile or signature. Not sure if there is anything like this already if there's not then this is an option.

I would happily make images that can be given as # 1 #2 and #3 or even more places for the top people of the ladder. As an award like what we give in the competitions we have

I could also do things like in the CC's where like, alex say has the 60CC award.
we could do something for the number of battles participated in.
So lets say i do 5 battles, i would get the 5 battles award. even if i lost all 5 ive still participated in 5.
 respect Let me know if you'd like me to  respect

Without ALL of us together, we wouldn't be nearly as strong, or learn as much. But together, we change the history of everyone we meet. Together everyone has a huge impact.

Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 06:34:59 PM »

Hey bro, i like the idea about
I would happily make images that can be given as # 1 #2 and #3 or even more places for the top people of the ladder. As an award like what we give in the competitions we have

I could also do things like in the CC's where like, alex say has the 60CC award.
we could do something for the number of battles participated in.
So lets say i do 5 battles, i would get the 5 battles award. even if i lost all 5 ive still participated in 5.
 respect Let me know if you'd like me to  respect

Well, we don't want to make things to complex cause then it's harder to maintain. But the idea behind the Category belt images was that the person who is rank 1 could have something to show off for their efforts. So only rank 1 of each category would get an image. If you want to make these images feel free.

happy-firey

ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »

Well, we don't want to make things to complex cause then it's harder to maintain. But the idea behind the Category belt images was that the person who is rank 1 could have something to show off for their efforts. So only rank 1 of each category would get an image. If you want to make these images feel free.

happy-firey
If its a problem of upkeeping that particular thing i could help. Wouldn't be too hard to watch that one area. It becomes much easier to keep up on things like that when you have one person focused on that one part, and then someone overseeing it all.

And alright bro, Do you have any idea on what you would like it to look like? or anything like that?
What exactly do you want me to do?  2 thumbs up

Without ALL of us together, we wouldn't be nearly as strong, or learn as much. But together, we change the history of everyone we meet. Together everyone has a huge impact.

Kuyper
Wake up...
Expert

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

A respectable image that symbolizes 1st rank in each of the category ladders. Something that could fit into a person forum signature.

zeros
anything you want to do is up to you
Global Moderator
Sensei

Chile Chile

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »

2 thumbs up
I like the idea of the wall of fame. I think the idea of creating ranges for winning so many numbers, or so difference in votes is great. now I have a question about the battle zone will see because I'm new to this section and do not know how to compete with someone, I'd like to compete and give my contribution to the forum chucky
dig
Intermediary

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »

do them ALL! EVERY idea here sounds GREAT!!! i can't wait for the achievements! but kuyper, the is a nunchaku forum, not a tomahawk forum.... scalping??!?!?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Freestyle ( Nunchaku ) Forum | EVENTS | ...all other previous events | Other Events | The Battle Zone | Battle Zone Archive | 2010 | Topic: Future of Battle Zone
Jump to:  

www.flowtoys.com

www.homeofpoi.com

www.customworkshop.biz
<-- buying from our partners through these links helps support freestyleforum -->

View Donation History

darkshadownunchucks.com

www.prochux.com
Nunchaku
www.karatedepot.com