Freestyle Nunchaku Forum
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 09:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Visit FnF's e-magazine site at  http://freestylenunchaku.net/

Tutorial Site at http://nunchakututorials.com/

Nunchaku
KarateDepot.com
Translate to:
Search: Advanced search
207401 Posts in 14860 Topics by 6669 Members Latest Member: - c0urtn3y14 Most online today: 29 - most online ever: 247 (March 27, 2011, 07:39:10 AM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: PROCHUX Infinite Finger spin  (Read 6507 times)
ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

United States United States

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »

So i've recently been playing around with the infinite finger spin, and i have put it in my latest videos with my traditional chux.
Well, me just being me. i like to at least tryyyy everything i do with trad chux, and do it as well with my Pro's.
This just happened to work out for the better
I Believe and correct me if i'm wrong, That i'm one of the first, if not the first, person to do this with the pros.

And here it is

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eVboJFPYog" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eVboJFPYog</a>

Without ALL of us together, we wouldn't be nearly as strong, or learn as much. But together, we change the history of everyone we meet. Together everyone has a huge impact.

aeronauticalNINJA
Death From Above
Expert

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:20:41 AM »

I've been working on that as well with the Pro's... but I just do the wheel really fast and then let it spin on one finger, (basically doing the infinite finger spin) but not able to keep it going very long at all.    hide   but I see what your doing and that is some innovative thinking!  I'll have to work on that!  keep up that great stuff James!
o0oDWDNSo0o
o0oLucky Chuckero0o
Global Moderator
Sensei

Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia, Federated States of

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 02:15:55 AM »

Are you looking for haters???....Count me in!!!  lmfao lmfao lmfao

Wonderfull work James....my deepest respect!! bow

I think right now we are on a better path...to surpass this pro/dinosaur-stuff...showing what is possible with the pros...thats the way to go!

& my opinion on the subject: I always try tricks with all kind of chux, because with one model it´s going better as with others. But havin it down with one...it only needs a little practice or translation to be able to do the same trick with diffrent stix!!!...will make you better chucker!

respect

jmvicuna
Cookie Master
Administrator
Sifu

Chile Chile

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »

Wow, really cool!!!  respect

I will be the hater now  Nerd

In a normal finger spin, the nunchaku travels around your finger (helped by a little movement of the finger, usually up and down), and the finger stays firm, but in your video it seems (at least I saw that) to grab the prochux with the finger, making a pattern like: grab-halfspin-grab-halfspin. (but in the horizontal finger spin I didn't see it  huh )

I am correct in that pattern?  huh

I think (it's my theory) that you can make the infinity finger spin with a circular motion of your finger, instead of the up and down motion with the trad- chucks, like trying to make a infinity finger spin with a stick.

This comment is based on the grab patter I think I saw... please correct me if I'm wrong.

And awesome video! I'm not trying to rest merit to it... I'm just really interest in this  respect 2 thumbs up

ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »

Wow, really cool!!!  respect

I will be the hater now  Nerd

In a normal finger spin, the nunchaku travels around your finger (helped by a little movement of the finger, usually up and down), and the finger stays firm, but in your video it seems (at least I saw that) to grab the prochux with the finger, making a pattern like: grab-halfspin-grab-halfspin. (but in the horizontal finger spin I didn't see it  huh )

I am correct in that pattern?  huh

I think (it's my theory) that you can make the infinity finger spin with a circular motion of your finger, instead of the up and down motion with the trad- chucks, like trying to make a infinity finger spin with a stick.

This comment is based on the grab patter I think I saw... please correct me if I'm wrong.

And awesome video! I'm not trying to rest merit to it... I'm just really interest in this  respect 2 thumbs up

As i said in the video, i'm pretty new at it still. i FINALLY with the help of Theaaa1 figured out the infinite with traditional chux after about 5 or 6 hours of practice and used the same method me and him found for the pros and it worked perfectly. Its the same method that we use to do finger spin aerials, but twisted around a bit.

Its more of starting a normal finger spin, And bending your finger into a hook shape to keep it it from flying off, While hooking your finger- you rotate your hand under the string of the nunchaku (Your finger loses contact with the string, You hook your finger to keep it from becoming an aerial) And then reconnect your finger to the string and a new finger spin is started.

Me and Austin(Theaaa1) Have done it continuously for up to 10 minutes straight, Pros and traditional Chux. It doesn't matter which chux you use because the length of the string doesn't actually matter.

also with this, We have done Infinite Thumb, middle, Ring, and pinky spins with the same method. And have begun doing infinite rewinds and switching the nunchaku's direction.

Without ALL of us together, we wouldn't be nearly as strong, or learn as much. But together, we change the history of everyone we meet. Together everyone has a huge impact.

o0oDWDNSo0o
o0oLucky Chuckero0o
Global Moderator
Sensei

Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia, Federated States of

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »

As i said in the video, i'm pretty new at it still. i FINALLY with the help of Theaaa1 figured out the infinite with traditional chux after about 5 or 6 hours of practice and used the same method me and him found for the pros and it worked perfectly. Its the same method that we use to do finger spin aerials, but twisted around a bit.

Its more of starting a normal finger spin, And bending your finger into a hook shape to keep it it from flying off, While hooking your finger- you rotate your hand under the string of the nunchaku (Your finger loses contact with the string, You hook your finger to keep it from becoming an aerial) And then reconnect your finger to the string and a new finger spin is started.

Me and Austin(Theaaa1) Have done it continuously for up to 10 minutes straight, Pros and traditional Chux. It doesn't matter which chux you use because the length of the string doesn't actually matter.

also with this, We have done Infinite Thumb, middle, Ring, and pinky spins with the same method. And have begun doing infinite rewinds and switching the nunchaku's direction.

1. Gratz to Austin and you for mastering the ifs!! respect
2. Thank you for your explanation. Will try! bow
3. The other methods and rewind stuff....will be like oil in the fire of your haters... happy-firey 2 thumbs up lmfao

russman
Apprentice

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »

I have to say I am interested in this move after almost 40years of practicing with sticks I have worked with this concept a Ilot more later
jmvicuna
Cookie Master
Administrator
Sifu

Chile Chile

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »

Just for clarification I will call "finger spin" when the finger is straight and "hook finger spin" when you "grab" a bit the nunchaku with the finger.

As far as I have seen in your videos, when you do finger spins with trad. chucks you always use the "finger spin", but in this video, you are using the "hook finger spin". But also, when you did the horizontal finger spin in this video, I didn't see the "hook fingerspin"... was that a mistake?? If it was a mistake, it's something that HAVE TO be explore  whoah

Now I have some questions  grin :

- When you said you have done it for 10 minutes (WHOA!) is with the "hook fingerspin" or with the "fingerspin"?
- When done with traditional chucks, you have to keep the "hooking" in the same stick all the time, or you change from one stick to the other?
- Do you think it's possible to do with prochux the finger spin? (What I have been thinking lately is that with traditional chucks you need an up and down motion of your finger, and with prochux you should be able to do it with a circular motion, but still I haven't get any results)

This is a door to many cool findings!! Keep up with the work there  respect respect

ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:47:33 AM »

you did the horizontal finger spin in this video, I didn't see the "hook fingerspin"... was that a mistake?? If it was a mistake, it's something that HAVE TO be explore  whoah

Now I have some questions  grin :

- When you said you have done it for 10 minutes (WHOA!) is with the "hook fingerspin" or with the "fingerspin"?
- When done with traditional chucks, you have to keep the "hooking" in the same stick all the time, or you change from one stick to the other?
- Do you think it's possible to do with prochux the finger spin? (What I have been thinking lately is that with traditional chucks you need an up and down motion of your finger, and with prochux you should be able to do it with a circular motion, but still I haven't get any results)

This is a door to many cool findings!! Keep up with the work there  respect respect
With the horizontal, Its a bit easier to not hook it because Gravity is forcing it down, It the vertical the downward motion Causes the nunchaku to come off your finger, Therefore the need for a "hook" too keep in on your finger. In the horizontal, the downward pull doesn't pull it off your finger as easily. That is why when you look at MOST infinite finger spin videos, they are doing a horizontal finger spin. It is easier.

1 With trad chux its a bit easier to switch between. you can use either Hook Finger Spin(HFS) or Finger Spin(FS). But with prochux its a lot harder not to use the HFS
2 Its a bit different with traditional chux. But the same idea. Soon i will video both and slow mo them for everyone to see the differences
3 Yes, it is possible. After you get more comfortable with the move, you dont need to hook it as much. The hook is Just to start, and once you have mastered the move you can unhook it more. But if you look very closely i AM still bending my finger slightly.

jmvicuna
Cookie Master
Administrator
Sifu

Chile Chile

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

With the horizontal, Its a bit easier to not hook it because Gravity is forcing it down, It the vertical the downward motion Causes the nunchaku to come off your finger, Therefore the need for a "hook" too keep in on your finger. In the horizontal, the downward pull doesn't pull it off your finger as easily. That is why when you look at MOST infinite finger spin videos, they are doing a horizontal finger spin. It is easier.

1 With trad chux its a bit easier to switch between. you can use either Hook Finger Spin(HFS) or Finger Spin(FS). But with prochux its a lot harder not to use the HFS
2 Its a bit different with traditional chux. But the same idea. Soon i will video both and slow mo them for everyone to see the differences
3 Yes, it is possible. After you get more comfortable with the move, you dont need to hook it as much. The hook is Just to start, and once you have mastered the move you can unhook it more. But if you look very closely i AM still bending my finger slightly.

Cool! I will try it, but still I thik that I will need those slow motion videos you said!

Thanks a lot!  2 thumbs up

aeronauticalNINJA
Death From Above
Expert

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »

sick dude! you two are awesome  respect   I'd love to see a video of some infinite rewinds!   whoah bleed killer idea!
ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »

sick dude! you two are awesome  respect   I'd love to see a video of some infinite rewinds!   whoah bleed killer idea!
Working on perfecting it enough for a video  cool

Renato
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »

Amazing work as always James  2 thumbs up
ImThexxx1
Digits Master ;]
Global Moderator
Sensei

facebook.com/JamesMarxen
Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

Amazing work as always James  2 thumbs up
Thanks bro!

HonorHer
Apprentice

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »

sorry to pop bubbles and i may have over looked someone saying they did it too but i have an infinte finger spin using prochux in one of my first vids

“You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and why it's beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your sight and only the terrible ache of guilt to show for it.”

"Clive Barker"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Freestyle ( Nunchaku ) Forum | VIDEOS | The Lab | Topic: PROCHUX Infinite Finger spin
Jump to:  

www.flowtoys.com

www.homeofpoi.com

www.customworkshop.biz
<-- buying from our partners through these links helps support freestyleforum -->

View Donation History

darkshadownunchucks.com

www.prochux.com
Nunchaku
www.karatedepot.com